Monday, January 9, 2012

Inconvenient Truths

This post is a little late. You see, today I am thankful for sixty degree days in January. Maybe it's a fluke, maybe it's global warming, or just maybe it is something to embrace and enjoy. It was simply too nice to sit inside and blog when I could be outside and love the day.

I had a fairly productive Saturday planned. You know the fun stuff like GCL (gym, cleaning, laundry.) However, after teaching ninety minutes of swim lessons to Ardmore's toddlers, I decided to take a jaunt into Philadelphia to enjoy the beautiful day. I made the right decision--GCL can wait until it feels like January again. Once in town, I got some coffee and enjoyed a nice little stroll from 30th Street Station down 19th to Pine and from 19th and Pine down to the river. It was the first time I had a daytime stroll down Pine and wow, it's a beautiful street! Antique Row, Old Pine Pres, and gorgeous, gorgeous homes combined with the energy of the street made for a great day. It seemed like the whole city and their dogs were out for a walk. After making it to Pine and Front, I moseyed up to Tiffany's to pick up my clean and knot free necklace. What a day!

So Saturday January 7 I am thankful for freakishly warm days in January, Pine Street, and the wizards at Tiffany and Co that can unknot my necklace when I do dumb things like leave my necklace in my swim bag. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's a beautiful afternoon. That's what made me initially fall in love with Philadelphia, too!

    ReplyDelete