Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Neil!

Today I am thankful for Neil Diamond. After all, he does turn 71 today and why should we not celebrate 71 years of amazing?

I have loved Neil Diamond for most of my life. I have had his greatest hits since I was sixteen and have unabashedly loved that CD ever since I got it from my mom's Columbia House CD club. Seriously, he is the Jewish Elvis...and if I am being honest, I like him more than the Christian Elvis.

In seriousness, while I am grateful for the Jewish Elvis's amazing talent, my gratitude for him comes from some of the happiest/silliest moments soundtracked to his music. Sweet Caroline reminds me of karaoke nights and dancing my (fancy)pants off at weddings. Shiloh reminds me of when I learned of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt's birth at my friend Lauren Bogar's Carlisle apartment and we simultaneously burst into the chorus of Shiloh.



May a Diamond be forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment