Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: The Year of Living Thankfully

So it's 2012 and I decided a while ago that this would be my year of living thankfully. This is going to be my year of whining less and writing more. While I hate the forced feeling of resolutions and the initial fervor that often dies a couple weeks in (think of the gym on January 2nd and now think of the gym after MLK day,) I do like the thought of making a change for the better.

So I resolve for 2012:
  • Write something that isn't a to-do list at least three times a week
  • Find something to be thankful for in every day
  • Lift weights more regularly.

This blog is a nice nexus of the first two...as for lifting weights, ask me about that after MLK day...

Here is what I am thankful for today: my newly green powder room!

After having a taped and ready to paint bathroom for over two years I finally committed to a color...bright green because I thought it would be fun with the blonde wood and pink counter tops. What was the impetus to finally get around to painting my loo? I am getting my house appraised for a potential refinance and I don't want the appraiser to penalize (or judge me) for having bare walls in the powder room.

As a child I couldn't ever really get behind coloring...I wasn't really artistic, I didn't have the attention span to finish coloring anything and I thought (think) staying in the lines is lame. Now translate that to a piece of property that you own with paint that can do damage to said property...for me painting is hell with slightly less noxious fumes. That being said, I put on my Cure station from Pandora powered through soothed by the sweet vocals of Robert Smith.

In sum, I am thankful that I have powder room that is an incredible color, that I have the ability (if not always) the willingness to paint, that I didn't damage my house or myself in the process of painting and that I will probably pay someone when the time comes to paint the main bathroom!

1 comment: